Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mailbox Mahiem Update

I went out to the mailbox yesterday afternoon to get the mail.
Of course, I was thinking I was going to see an ant free box.
WRONG!!
I took the mail out and look inside.
There, way in the back, was some more of those pesky ants and their
encased youngens!

So this morning back out, with my pitcher of hot water, I went!
As I was looking inside after a dose of the hot stuff, steam coming out of the box,
a car passes by.
Next thing you know a man & his wife stop, back up and say, "Excuse me!"
I turn around and he proceeds to ask, "Do you have ants?"
"Yes!", I replied. "Me, too!", he says.
We talked another minute about the subject and off they went.

Isn't that intersesting?
Now I don't feel like a total weirdo throwing hot water inside my mailbox!
I am not alone!!

2 Add your Two Cents:

Madre said...

I am going to sound like someone from the movie "my big fat greek wedding" but I want you to know that WINDEX kills ants like a charm. Although I have never had them in my mailbox (we just get hornets in there) I have had ants EVERYWHERE else in our home. So....next time you see ants, just spray some windex and you can clean and kill at the same time !!! ha

Ree said...

Thanks! I was trying to thing of a way to get ride of them without using bugspray (for fear of transfering it onto my mail then hands)!

I think they just used it as cover because of all the rain we had and moved their eggs up to higher dryer ground!!
Hopefully they won't return!! :)