Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Tiger Is NOT A cat!!!

As much as Princess and I LOVE
being out back...
we
DO NOT
like
these
The poor child's leg is covered with them!!

She also has one

on her eyelid,

on her cheek

and

some

on her arms!


The culprit:

This

THING!!
THE TIGER MOSQUITO!!

They are everywhere out back!!

Even during the day,

but

especially

at dusk

and

at night!!

I guess Miss S takes after her mamma

because unfortunately I have almost as many as her!!

Oh, and that so called mosquito repellent...

DOESN'T WORK!!







3 Add your Two Cents:

A Jersey Girl said...

OH No! What have you tried? My girls get eaten alive too. I use skin-so-soft in the am, but if we are at there at night I need to pull out the deet, and even that doesn't keep them completely "bite free".

Ree said...

I have the S-S-S one, but I think it may be a bit out-dated and lost it's potency. I need to get some new fresh stuff. But even then it still doesn't work all the time!!
Plus...I HATE feeling all slimy just to sit outside!!

A Jersey Girl said...

I am with you on the feeling slimy thing. Then you need to come in and shower even if you already have. I especially have that issue if I ever use the DEET because I like to have it on for the shortest time possible, but sometimes I feel the kids need the protection. Here at the end of summer, we see alot of West Nile so, I out weigh the DEET with West Nile.

I have to tell you that I never thought I would have to think so hard about Everything as a parent. Boy it is alot of work and responsibility:) And worth every second:)