Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saying Goodbye To A GREAT Guy!!

My heart is heavy!!
I just found out--by chance-- that a former co-worker passed away this past week!
I worked with Greg and his wife, Shelly some years ago--before I had my Princess.
Greg was a great guy!! So friendly and funny!
I am so sad not only about his passing but because I just found out and I realized that I missed his viewing and funeral! I would have been there had I known!! I regret not being able to say GOODBYE to such an awesome guy!!
I regret not being there to give a hug to Shelly--who, by-the-way is an incredible, strong woman!! I do plan on calling her this weekend!
Sadly, I had been planning to call them and to maybe go see them, but I never got around to it. I really thought that he would be alright!! I have--as well as many--been praying for him, for his family!!
I am so sad that his 'girls' are now without him!
It is truly a sad sad thing for this world to be without him!!
I will miss him so!!

I have to share a thought:
I have looked up to Greg in the years that I worked with him.
Although not an overly muscular man--certainly not a body builder-- I always felt that he was STRONG, per say. I guess because of his position as head of CI (Crisis Intervention).
He held a higher standard in a way. I don't know--this is just how I saw him!!
I knew of his health history. Anyone who asked about the scar on the back of his head found out.
But, for whatever reason, I never thought it would come back and certainly NEVER thought it would take him--esp. at such a YOUNG age AND with having his young daughters and a wife, too boot!!
NEVER!!!
I will never understand WHY!!

All I know is that he is in a better place--not so much living wise-as he was in a great place with his awesome wife and beautiful little girls--but health wise-as he is no longer in pain!!

I prayed for him and his family and will continue to pray for all those he left behind!

They--WE--were all truly BLESSED to have had Greg in our lives!!
I know I WAS!!










GREGORY F. TREFZ
Of Oaklyn and formerly of Tabernacle, on October 5, 2008, age 36.
Husband of Shelly Trefz (nee Latini).
Adoring Dad of Sarah, Riley & Emilia,
son of Berry & Lou Trefz of Mystic Island,
son-in law of Carl & Gerri Latini of Oaklyn.
Brother of Lou (Teri) Trefz, Jr. of Lumberton and Chris (Wendee) Trefz of Shamong,
brother-in law of Carl (Ann Marie) Latini of Oaklyn and Pete (Brie) Latini of Collingswood, additionally survived by many aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
Greg grew up in Tabernacle & lived in Oaklyn the last 7 years.
A member of the Shawnee High School Classof '90,
Greg received a Degree in Social Sciences from the Univ. of Southern Colorado. Mr. Trefz was a Certified School Social Worker employed at Archway in Atco the last 11 years,
and presently serving as the Dean of Students.
Viewing Wednesday 7:00 to 9:00 PM in
BLAKE-DOYLE FUNERAL HOME, 226 Collings Ave., Collingswood.
Funeral Thursday 9:30 AM at the FUNERAL HOME, SERVICES at 1100 AM.
The family respectfully suggests memorial contributions to:
Trefz Children Education Fund
c/o
111 Woodlynne Terrace
Oaklyn, NJ 08107


GOD BLESS
Shelly, Sarah, Riley and EmiliaYou have so many family and friends that LOVE you!!

This is for you GREG!!




I will certainly miss you saying, :"Hey LADY!!"
REST IN PEACE
My Dear!!










^JUST ^j^ BELIEVE^

0 Add your Two Cents: