Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Sadness Continues

I just can't seem to shake this sadness!
It has a hold on me so strong that I can't breathe!
It holds me in it's grip squeezing me ever so tightly!

Why do I feel such grief?
I haven't been in touch with them too often since I left work.

Maybe it's the history I have with them:
I was an assistant in Shelly's class my first year.
So I did get somewhat close with them.
I was there in their newlywed stage--they were just married that summer prior to the school year beginning!
I was there through Shelly's (1st) pregnancy with Sarah. I even got a call from an excited Shelly on her way home from the ultrasound that revealed that she was having a 'girl'!!

We walked to her parent's house after a class trip to the Ritz for lunch. They live a few blocks from there.

I visited them right after Sarah was born.

We even took a class trip to her house while she was on maternity leave!

She called me personally to let me know she took another job--over the summer ESY, which I didn't work but she did-- and wouldn't be back for the new school year.

I didn't see them often, but when I did go visit the school Greg always made sure he said Hello Lady to me!!

Maybe it's because I miss the 'talking down' situations in CI that we shared with some students on occasion. Or that he always had my back when I was in the middle of a restraint!!

Whatever it is...it certainly hurts!!

I am in such a state of sadness that I just can not believe!!
I have a huge lump in my throat!!
I can only imagine--if it is like this for me--what Shelly is going through right now!!

Greg is missed so greatly!!
He has made such an enormous impression on the heart of everyone who has known him!!

I know he will always have a piece of mine!!

Rest In Peace, my friend!!




^JUST ^j^ BELIEVE^

0 Add your Two Cents: