Monday, May 12, 2008

Sweet Layered Skills With A Cherry On Top!!

My very favorite dessert to make is this:


It is called a Trifle!
I love to make them so much
that I went out and bought myself
a Trifle Dish!
I use it a lot!!
In fact, I had to go get another, two times,
because I let the Hostess(es) keep the Dish(s)!
Trifles are soooo easy to make!!
You can NEVER go wrong with them!!
They always taste delicious and look great, too!
You can make up any variation!
All you need is some cake; any flavor, store bought or homemade/box mix,
pudding; chocolate, vanilla, both or really any flavor you want!
You can even use flavored Jello, too!
Fruit; fresh, frozen or canned/pie filling.
Cool whip!!
And any other yummy ingredient you can think to add!!
Coconut, chocolate chips, hot fudge, caramel syrup!!
The possiblities are ENDLESS!!
Then all you do is
LAYER!!






Saturday night, my brother Brent & his girlfriend, Kara,
along with my dad
came over for dinner.
So, this was our dessert:


I actually can't take the credit for this one, though.
Nick made it!!
Under my direction, of course!!
He did a great job!!

We called it

The Banana Split Trifle

We used store bought pound cake; marble & caramel flavors,

chocolate & vanilla puddings, mini-chocolate chips, hot fudge,

cool whip, sliced bananas, fresh sliced strawberries and some

strawberry syrup (on top) along with marashino cherries & sprinkles!!

It was sinfully awesome!!

And something I won't be eating again for a while!! :(
Unless Weight Watchers has a version!! LOL!!

0 Add your Two Cents: